This position can offer a very competitive package for a suitable candidate
JOB PURPOSE: To lead and manage the Procurement Function of the group including existing entities as well as new expansions. Initiate strategies, which result in significant cost reduction with improved supply process.
SECTION II: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the group procurement function with strategic mindset to operate efficiently and effectively by adopting the best practices of supply chain management
· Perform the group vide procurement planning by working with each division/department to effectively plan the procurement needs for ensuring that required goods and services are available at right time at right cost
· Monitor and control the actual procurement in line with the plan and review the planned versus actual procurement for procurement optimization and make recommendations for change.
· Take sustainable cost reduction initiatives through effective supplier management and negotiations.
· Work with stakeholders to ensure that procurement systems are in place to automate the procurement function by utilizing the available technologies
· Pre-qualify the suppliers’ and negotiate the favourable terms and conditions to meet the procurement needs on timely basis
· Negotiate and draft contracts or service level agreements in accordance with Group policy and processes
· Identify, evaluate and mitigate the commercial and financial risks faced by the company while dealing with the suppliers.
· Develop the supplier evaluation mechanism, work with high performing supplier and blacklist the poor performing suppliers
· Optimize the procurement cycle by reducing the lead times and perform Market research to keep up to date on changing product trends, innovation, price movements and legislative requirements
· Supervise/perform the day to day procurement functions including purchase orders, contracts, invoices etc.
· Develop the mechanism to systemize the routine/repetitive procurement including office supplies, consumables etc.
· Work with user department to perform the specialized procurement in a smooth manner
· Work with stakeholders to ensure that the procurement transactions are closed on timely basis
· Provide periodic and ad-hoc reports to the management related to the procurement function